Warm weather means warm weather foods!
So last night we grilled out, and my contribution to the meal was one of my fave sides: marinated corn salad. I love this light, summery dish–not only because it’s yummy but also because it’s super easy and requires no actual cooking.
Here’s how it works:
- 1 16 oz. bag of frozen corn
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans (drained, rinsed)
- 2 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 1 onion (small, diced. I only used about 1/4 of a small onion last night.)
- Mojo marinade (1/2 cup) (You can make this yourself, but I don’t. I get it from the ethnic foods aisle of the grocery [Latin]. Related: if you haven’t used Mojo marinade before–get on it! Zero calories and tons of flavor–great marinade for veggies, fish, pork, etc.)
- Honey (1 tbsp)
Now, here’s the hard part: you thaw the corn in a colander in the sink by running cool water over it for a few minutes. Then, you pour it into a medium-sized bowl and add all the other ingredients.
Let sit & chill.
Posted from WordPress for Android