So I’ve never been much of one for veggie burgers. But in keeping with my commitment to new, healthier foods in the new year, I decided to give these a shot.
What I Used:
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 small onion, chopped (via food processor, of course)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped (again, via food processor, of course)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 3 slices toast (turned into bread crumbs via food processor…of course)
(Note: the recipe I linked calls for bell peppers, but I think I’ve mentioned a few times how my husband doesn’t eat those)
What I Did:
Mucho Yummy-o! I didn’t even tell Trent what I was making before I had him try this. He agreed with my assessment: these are a keeper. We just had them for the second time, and this time I made a double batch, freezing four patties for an easy dinner sometime in the very busy future. And I highly recommend you give them a chance, too! Trent enjoyed some frozen french fries with his, while I had some of my beloved Mojo Corn Salad–which was a perfect accompaniment.