This recipe is super easy. You can get fresh, local shrimp driven up from the coast at the Farmer’s Market. The hardest part of this recipe is popping off the heads & tails, peeling, and deveining the shrimp.
Here’s what you need:
- Shrimp (1.5-2 lbs for 4 people, available here in Simpsonville from the Lazy Farmer or Shem Creek at the Farmer’s Market)
- Hampton Farms Salsa Verde (available at the Farmer’s Market)
- Persian Lime Olive Oil from Carolina Olive Oil
- Fresh corn from the Farmer’s Market (multiple vendors have corn!)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- Rice and/or quinoa (if desired)
Here’s what you do for the shrimp:
- Heat the oil (about 1tbsp) in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and garlic. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Stir the salsa in the skillet. Reduce heat to low. Cook until shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve over rice/quinoa with corn.